Wednesday, October 04, 2006



This is a sketch from "These Hills...". This was an idea for the 'creature' that makes an appearance or two in the story. We still need to work out the details. But the story is cool and especially chilling for me. I grew up in West Virginia and the woods were not what they are here in urban areas. I am attempting to capture that eerie feeling of a quiet wooded valley that runs along a meandering stream. The mist settles in the evening and the sound of rustling leaves surround you...or at least you hope that is just the leaves.

In a super condensed nutshell the story is about a man revisiting his childhood home and finding that the "monster" that haunted him as a child has been waiting for his return.

I already see the scenes as a movie in my head.

Also, I realize now that most of my art is not digitized and exists in a drawer in our living room. I have a lot of scanning to do. Meanwhile, I am off to bed. I had a very early wake up call (3:30 am) for a meeting in Baltimore at 8 am.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Livemalls said...

Sounds like a cool idea for the movie. I like the sketch too.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Evan said...

Lookin' good, D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home